[mythtv-users] A bit OT: MSI KM2M mb and serial not working

Romel Llarena rdllarena at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 16:49:13 EST 2004

My apologies, as this is a bit off topic but I know
there are some MSI KM2M users out there.

I have succesfully used my Chaintech mb and cables to
get Myth working. My project for the past two days was
to convert the Chaintech to a front-end and the MSI to
a backend system. That means transferring the serial
control cables for my Myth->RCA DirecTV tuner over the
the MSI.

Installation went smoothly but after tranferring my
working rca.pl script over, when I tried using it (I
checked rights, etc.), nothing. The script fired off,
I got the typical RECV error which doesn't seem to
effect the channel changing ability, but no channel
change. Very strange as I know the cables and script
are good.

Any suggestions on diagnosing/fixing this problem? I'm
not linux savvy but I did check the dmesg log and no
reference to ttyS0 which leads me to think that Linux
didn't pick up on the serial ports.

Thanks in advance.