[mythtv-users] Directv channel change perl script

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Mon Jan 26 22:31:56 EST 2004

So I have the connections between the serial port and the receiver set
properly, now this is what happens:

I tried using the sony.pl script, and when I use the commend line, all I
get is the Error (0x00) message.

I downloaded the RCA.pl script, and modified the serial port to
/dev/ttyS0

When I use it from the command line: 'RCA.pl 354' I get :

354 SEND: 0xFA [ú] 0xA6 [¦] 0x1 [] 0x62 [b] 0xFF [ÿ] 0xFF [ÿ]
RECV: Error (0x00)

And the channel changes! But if I use MythTV to change the channel it
RESETS the receiver?!?!? My receiver also resets when I switch between
cable and satellite with Myth...huh????

anybody?