[mythtv-users] gentoo install: mythtv and mythfrontend block each other

Omer Shenker mail at omershenker.net
Mon Jan 26 21:31:47 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm rebuilding my myth box from scratch with gentoo. I've got up to
having mysql and qt installed. I've even emerged mythdvd, mythgallery,
mythgame, mythmusic, mythnews, mythvideo, mythweather, and
mythtv-themes. But...

helium portage # emerge -pv mythtv

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[blocks B     ] media-tv/mythfrontend (from pkg media-tv/mythtv-0.13-r1)
[ebuild   R   ] media-tv/mythtv-0.13-r1  -alsa -lcd +lirc -nvidia

helium portage # emerge -pv mythfrontend

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[blocks B     ] media-tv/mythtv (from pkg media-tv/mythfrontend-0.13)
[ebuild   R   ] media-tv/mythfrontend-0.13  -alsa -lcd +lirc -nvidia

So it seems to me that neither is installed yet they both are blocking
on the other. My understanding from the Gentoo Handbook is that 'X
blocks on Y' means unmerge Y before you can emerge X, but in this case Y
was never emerged.

(Yes, I've done a recent emerge sync.) Any experienced gentoo users know
what's going on?

--
Omer Shenker