[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_rt

Gary Dawes garydawes at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 15:41:56 EST 2004

steve at nexusuk.org wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Edward Wildgoose wrote:
>

>>>After Ananova shut down their TV listings I've been switching to
>>>tv_grab_uk_rt.  The Radio Times site has listings for more channels than
>>>are listed on their front page, so I added the extra channels to my
>>>channel_ids file, but tv_grab_uk_rt seems to look at the front page too to
>>>see what channels are available (and so doesn't use the extra channels).
>>>I'm not sure why it needs to do this since both the channel number and
>>>xmltv ID are contained in the channel_ids file.  Does anyone know if
>>>there's any way to stop it looking at the front page and just take notice
>>>of the channel_ids file so I can get my extra listings?
>>
>>Yes, grab the latest CVS version of tv_grab_uk_rt.  It has been recently fixed
>

> Still doesn't work for me - I get:
>
> /root/.mythtv/Satellite.xmltv:4: no channel with XMLTV id
> south.bbc1.bbc.co.uk, skipping
>
> even though my channel_ids contains:
> south.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:102:1
>
>>From my limited understanding of PERL it still looks like it tries to find
> the channels on the front page (where they aren't all listed so this is
> wrong).

Working for me now. I had to edit the channels database, and update some
of the xmltv ids to match what is in the tv_grab_uk_rt channels.id file.
I also needed to amend my .xmltv file in my .mythtv directory. Once I
had gotten all that correct - I ran mythfilldatabase --update which
repopulated the database without generating the "i've already got data
for that day so I'll skip it" error.

I can post dumps of the files and my channel table if anybody wants it -
it has the Sky channel numbers in.

Have you applied the patch from the XMLTV project page on sourceforge
for the extra channels from RT?

One problem still remains though. The Sky movie channels have the XMLTV
id setup as the ananova was e.g. 1.movies.sky.com but RT fails to
download them. any clues? Does anybody know what the correct ids are for RT.

Cheers

Gary