[mythtv-users] tv_grab_uk_rt

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Mon Jan 26 14:24:36 EST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Edward Wildgoose wrote:

> > After Ananova shut down their TV listings I've been switching to
> > tv_grab_uk_rt.  The Radio Times site has listings for more channels than
> > are listed on their front page, so I added the extra channels to my
> > channel_ids file, but tv_grab_uk_rt seems to look at the front page too to
> > see what channels are available (and so doesn't use the extra channels).
> > I'm not sure why it needs to do this since both the channel number and
> > xmltv ID are contained in the channel_ids file.  Does anyone know if
> > there's any way to stop it looking at the front page and just take notice
> > of the channel_ids file so I can get my extra listings?
>
> Yes, grab the latest CVS version of tv_grab_uk_rt.  It has been recently fixed

Still doesn't work for me - I get:

/root/.mythtv/Satellite.xmltv:4: no channel with XMLTV id
south.bbc1.bbc.co.uk, skipping

even though my channel_ids contains:
south.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:102:1

>From my limited understanding of PERL it still looks like it tries to find
the channels on the front page (where they aren't all listed so this is
wrong).

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/