[mythtv-users] Help!, DVB kernel loclup

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Sat Jan 24 16:04:17 EST 2004

Jon Dye wrote:
> I have the same problem with 2.4.22 and DVB 1.0.1, I then tried 2.6.1
> with the built in DVB drivers and mythbackend died within minutes of
> viewing liveTV with a kernel BUG entry in the logs.  I've switched back
> to 2.4.22 with DVB1.0.1 for now because at least it'll run ofr a while
> without locking the machine.

Interesting, well at least its not just me going mad.. then.. <Chuckle>

I've downloaded the Fedora Core 2 test kernel (2.6.1) so I may have a
play tomorrow.  DOn't suppose this is the same kernel version you've
been trying with?. How well does it work with the rest of linux?

> As you say, it seems to be when a program starts (or finsihes I havn't
> worked out which) and I guess that is due to opening/closing the
> drivers.  I never have a crash halfway through a program being recorded.

That sounds rarther familiar..

> Just wanted to let it be known that you aren't th only person with the
> problem.  I will get around to trying dvb-kernel from CVS at some point
> and if I still have problems I'll go and metnion it on the linuxtv.org
> lists but my last couple of posts have not probuced any useful responses.

I'l hopefully have a go in the next day/week or so and report back what
I've found (unless somebody beats me to it)..

Thanks
Simon

--
The idle mind knows not what it is it wants.
		-- Quintus Ennius