[mythtv-users] Re: What do you do with MythTv

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 23 11:32:25 EST 2004

Quoting Dan Sully <daniel at electricrain.com>:

> * Scott Pouliot <spouliot at scpsoftware.net> shaped the electrons to say...
>
> > You might want to give one of the Home Theater Master remotes a try:
> >

> http://www.bluedo.com/bluedocgi/products.cgi?brand=Home%20Theater%20Master
> >
> > http://www.surfremotecontrol.com/HTM.html
> >
> > If you want full programmability of macros, etc, go with the MX-700 or
> > MX-800.  The MX-500/MX-600 cannot be beat for their power/price.
>
> Actually they can be.
>
> http://www.harmonyremote.com/
Well, when the device at the other end of the "remote" is a computer, I can beat
even that easily.

Wireless keyboard...

Or, for the middle ground, OmniRemote by Pacific Neotek is pretty cool.  For
$500 you could get the following:
Flexible learning remote
1xRTT (Verizon Express Network) capable cell phone
PalmOS PDA with color screen, 16M RAM, and an SD slot
All in one package.  (Kyocera 7135)

That reminds me, I need to get OmniRemote installed again on my 6035...