[mythtv-users] RE: Echostar, lirc & actisys 200l

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Thu Jan 22 17:05:39 EST 2004

 > I've spent the entire day reading up on getting lirc to
 > work with my echostar dp301 receiver, and I've just come
 > short of whipping everything against the wall.

I have this same DISH receiver.  I attempted to use an ActiSys, but the
frequency problem forced me to use a home-built IR transmitter.  I would
love to get the actisys working, however, because my home-built receiver
seems to have issues about once every tenth channel change.  In those
few cases instead of sending "102", it'll just send "12", or sometimes
it'll skip the first digit.   It works, but only 90% of the time, which
doesn't help the WAF.

So right now I use jvc_send with a home-built IR (the simple one on the
lirc page).

--
Michael J. Sherman
Director of Advanced Technology