A free source for UK listings (was: Re: [mythtv-users] UK Listings - No Joy From Digiguide)

Dan Sheridan djs52 at postman.org.uk
Fri Jan 23 11:21:01 EST 2004

Martin Smith <martin at spamcop.net> writes:

> I can't really think of many other ways forward. Is it maybe worth creating an
> online register of UK PVR users willing to pay some provider a sensible monthly
> fee for tv guide data?

Somebody should get in touch with http://www.broadcastingdata.com/ who
seem to do this sort of thing as a business (from their website it
seems they supply NTL, for example) and find out how much they would
charge for this sort of service.

They also have a free ftp site with 7-day listings on it for BBC, ITV
and five (not Channel 4, as far as I can see) in a sort of free-form
text format that would need some clever parsing.

     Dan.
--
Dan Sheridan -- Research Student -- LFCS, Division of Informatics
 University of Edinburgh, King's Buildings, Mayfield Road EH9 3JZ