[mythtv-users] UK Listings - No Joy From Digiguide

Martin Smith martin at spamcop.net
Fri Jan 23 08:33:56 EST 2004

Hi,

Following the loss of Ananova listings this week I've had discussions with
Digiguide in their forums and by email.

I'm afraid I've got nowhere. They don't see any money in giving us access to any
data at all and they look like they're not going to move.

Yesterday I suggested an alternative scheme where we used their web site as a
scheduler and just got daily data for our scheduled recordings. That's not
going to be possible either.

I can understand their point on the difficulties of all the contractural issues
but the facilities I was asking for in the web service proposal were pretty
much exactly those they supply in their Windows product except any app or
platform could use it.

I can't really think of many other ways forward. Is it maybe worth creating an
online register of UK PVR users willing to pay some provider a sensible monthly
fee for tv guide data?

We've got no negotiating power as individuals and while it's very frustrating I
can't see that changing unless we can get a group of people together.

BTW I hope I don't really need to do this but can I please ask everyone to
respect the terms and conditions of their service agreement and if you do want
to register your own opinion with them please do so in a polite and well
reasoned manner. Yes, I know Myth users are always polite and well reasoned :-)

Martin