[mythtv-users] What do you do with your Myth box?

Richie Jarvis richie at helkit.com
Thu Jan 22 07:35:22 EST 2004

I am using a homebuilt Duron 1.3 with 256Mb, a PCI GeForce 2MX, a 120GB
HD, and a PVR-250 for encoding here in the uk.

The box sits nicely up in the loft, and a very very long IR wire feeds
down to the living room (this was an absolute requirement stipulated by
the Wife!) - there it is plugged into the VCR, which converts the TV
signal to RF, and pumps it round the rest of the TV's in the house - IR
signals are fed back to the living room by a number of IR transmitters
in important rooms.

As to which modules I use - TV - not for showshifting, but as a
replacement for my VCR (the other day I had 94 programs to watch! ouch!)
- Weather - to check if I need to put my waterproofs on - Video - for
playing the odd Divx, and Music - for playing music (nfs mounted from my
main fileserver.

In the future I plan to convert an Xbox to my mythfrontend, and put that
in the lounge, and get 1 or 2 DVB-T cards for capture.  I also want to
hookup a dedicated second sky-tv box to myth, and have that captured as
well - but that is wayyyy in the future.

Have fun!

Richie