[mythtv-users] What do you do with your Myth box?

Curtis Wood curtis at penguinbrat.com
Thu Jan 22 00:46:47 EST 2004

   Using a pIV 2.4, 128mg, 80g, PVR-250,ATI-8500 -> DVI -> 57" hitachi
widescreen HDTV,ActiSYS 200L(LIRC) controlling the Motorola ComCast cable
box.. I've got the weather module, laoded other than ofcourse MythTV. The
biggest reason Im using Myth, is because of the program guide with ComCast -
it's the worst one I've ever seen/used (more interested in advertisements
that anything else it seems), also ofcourse because of the live TV and to
replace the VCR - which it does very well :-)
   I plan on trying to figure out how to get 1080i out of this setup on the
HDTV - and then go for the pcHDTV. Ill have to upgrade the CPU but sobeit.
One thing I have thought about is using an XBOX (that has recently been
hacked to get the HDTV resoloutions) as the X server only, running the
frontend on the more powerfull server and exporting the display back to the
XBOX.

Curtis