[mythtv-users] Re:video skips

Eric Gardner egardner4 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 10:19:46 EST 2004

> I seem to be getting an almost regular skip in about every 7-10 seconds
> where it plays about 2 seconds of video twice and skips over 2 seconds.
> so an example would be if in a tv show someone was saying "Hi, George,
> how have you been today." the sound and video would skip so it would
> say "Hi, George, how have you been..you been." This seems to be in the
> recording because it does it at the same spots every time a show is
> played.

It's possible that your recordedmarkup table in the myconverg database is
corrupted.  Try the following:

1) stop all process accessing the database (e.g., mythbackend)
2) run the following command:

   % mysqlcheck -u mythtv -p -r mythconverg

3) inspect the output for messages indicating that it repaired the
recordedmarkup table

My recent experience with running this command is that recordings that I
had made previously still had hiccups but any new recordings that I made
after running the database repair were ok.

HTH,
eric.