[mythtv-users] Proper PVR 350 settings

Timon, John john.timon at labatt.com
Wed Jan 21 09:36:09 EST 2004

Jason, I believe what you are describing is interlacing.  The PVR350
captures interlaced.

if you are playing the mpeg stream back on a progressive display, i.e.
computer screen/hdtv monitor you should enable/use deinterlacing.  There is
an option in the mythtv tv playback settings (IIRC) to turn this on.

Using windows media player, I wouldn't even begin to wager a guess as to how
to enable deinterlacing.  Prolly need to transcode with something like
virtuadub or some such tool.

HTH

--
John Timon
Unix like TeePee no windows, no gates, Apache inside.