[mythtv-users] Mythtv and PVR 350: dumb question: where can I check the channels?

Hanno Wagner wagner at rince.de
Tue Jan 20 08:19:51 EST 2004

Hi,

since two months or so I read the mails here and I have now started
to install my own TVPC. I used Torsten Schenkes Walkthrough (which
is quite good, but some minor bits are missing, like additional
installing of cvs and creating the directory-structure for user
mythtv earlier), but it is very good for understanding.

What I have not yet been able to do was to tune the PVR-Card. He
mentioned a tool in the ivtv-sources and there is apparently
something similar in the setup of mythtv-backend. But is there some
kind of automatic scans for all available channels somewhere? So
that I can check which channels the card can see and that I can
connect the channels to the EPG-data? Or am I just blind and do not
find the key to generate such automatic list (like any new TV can
provide ;-)?

Ciao, Hanno, who looks forward to use his small pc for
videorecording and testing with 2.6-kernels ;-)