[mythtv-users] almost there, but now cvs won't let me in!

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Mon Jan 19 04:04:26 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 00:00, Dave W wrote:
> * J. Donavan Stanley <jdonavan at jdonavan.net> [2004-01-17 21:53:45 -0500]:
>
> > There's another possibility...  Someone didn't read the directions. ;)
> >
> > From the web page:
> >
> > $ mkdir mythtv
> > $ cd mythtv
> > $ cvs -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs login
> > Logging in to :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs
> > CVS password: mythtv
> > $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org:/var/lib/mythcvs checkout mythtv
>
> But, I was trying to install the latest ivtv, not mythtv.  Maybe I should
> have posted elsewhere, but since ivtv seems so important to tv-out I thought
> this might be a good place to get my answer :)

IIRC the CVS version of ivtv is for development only. It is not the same
as the alph/beta cvs-latest tarballs on the website. Get the tarball as
recommended.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough