[mythtv-users] Hauppage Win-TV PVR-350 - Where?

Jon Waite jon at jonwaite.com
Fri Jan 16 00:44:02 EST 2004

I've been trying to track down a 'reasonably' priced PVR-350 in New Zealand,
here's the response I got from Hauppauge US:

---snip---
Thank for your interest in Hauppauge Wintv Products.

We don't have an distributor in New Zealand, therefore, you can buy direct
from us.

We are pleased to offer as follows:-

Wintv PVR 350 Pal BG (for New Zealand use)   @US$199
Courier Charges to New Zealand    @US$35

Payment : Credit Card

If you are interested to buy one, please fax photostat copy of your Credit
Card (front & back) to 65-62769167.  Kindly enlarge & lighten the colour of
the copy and make sure the Name and Card Nos. are clearly seen.  OR   Email
us a zip file with a password that contain your Credit Card details (Name,
No., Expiry).  Another email to us for the password.
---snip---

This was from Jenny at Hauppauge Singapore (someone else in here mentioned
that NZ orders for Hauppauge come from Signapore so that looks correct). It
also looks like the PAL-BG tuner is specific so I'd avoid buying one for NZ
use from the US (NTSC) or Europe (PAL-I ? maybe, anyone know for sure ?).
Was pleased to see they didn't recommend mailing credit card numbers in
clear text, gives me some confidence that they may actually know what
they're doing :)

I've sent off my payment details so hopefully will have a NZ PVR-350
reasonably soon and can get on with setting up my Myth box :) (I ordered the
case yesterday - a Lian Li PC9320B w/220W SFX PSU), now I just need to
decide on which microATX motherboard and CPU to go with it and I'll be set
:)

I've also mailed the author of the tv_grab_nz xmltv module to see if there's
any chance of adding NZ satellite channels to it (presently it only covers
the 5 domestic channels). No response yet, I've had a look at the listings
available from www.sky.co.nz and parsing them to extract programme details
looks like it's going to be a bitch, but I've started having a play with
some code to do it - this probably belongs in the xmltv list though :)

Jon.