[mythtv-users] xvmc / ivtv / GeForce FX

w othi w68othib at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 22:35:30 EST 2004

Trying again - no reply last time...

===============================

First off - many thanks to Jarod and Isaac, et.al.
Great work.

This may seem to be an ignorant question but...
I bought the GeForce FX for it's supposed hdwe
decoding capabilities to go with my PVR-250 hdwe
encoding.

The PVR-250 works great for recording/encoding < 10%
cpu.  However the FX does not seem to do any hdwe
decoding.  The cpu > 90% so obviously it's not hdwe
decoding.

I've tried using the mplayer.conf settings:

vo=xvmc,cv,
vc=ffmpeg12mc,mpeg12,
double=yes

and it seems not to make a difference.

I see alot on the list about new ivtv libs from 12 Jan
as well as making the change to settings.pro to
include the xvmc libs.  I have to assume by the
context of the settings.pro file in cvs that it is
library directives for a make/build if I have co'd
everything from cvs.  Correct?

Thanks for any help / suggestions.