[mythtv-users] snes9x fullscreen on TV? (yet again)

Craig Meyer craig at fdllug.org
Thu Jan 15 13:47:44 EST 2004

Andy,

After trying to get snes9x to go fullscreen and getting fed up with it I
finally installed zsnes instead. To get zsnes to work full screen all you
have to do is load it outside of MythTV, hit escape to enter the menu,
find the fullscreen setting and save your changes. It works excellent.

Then you have to go into the mythgame settings and set the binary file to
zsnes instead of snes9x.

Unfortunatly, MythGame is coded particularly for snes9x and you need to
shut off EVERY command line option that MythGame passes when starting the
emulator. Otherwise zsnes will fail. The only way that I know of to do
this now is manually through the editor in mythgame. This is very time
consuming.

It's too bad MythGame only currently supports snes9x directly because I
don't think it works well for many people. I wonder if the developers are
intending on adding direct support for something more hearty like zsnes?

-Craig