[mythtv-users] nVidia tv-out quality improvement

Wed Jan 14 12:48:26 EST 2004

> The playback just using plain-out XVideo was better than before but
> still suffered from motion sickness. However the best was in the XV
> NVIDIA mode where the image was spot on..

Do you mean XVMC?

Are you using this card in the UK to receive freeview?  If so then you should be creating a 50Hz modeline not a 60Hz one... I suspect your wriggles will go away then...

Also, I haven't looked to see if it's in the myth FAQ, but I noticed a bit of code to use the RTC to do frame timing.  If you are a) compiling your own kernel and b) running as a non-root user you may want to see if /dev/rtc is properly readable by non root users and has can be adjusted to a reasonable timing rate (run mplayer it moans if this isn't true and tells you how to fix it...)

Perhaps myth doesn't really use rtc, however, I get and loose a tiny jitter on screen depending on whether I have it enabled or not...