[mythtv-users] 4:3, 16:9 and OSD/menu scaling?

Steve Davies steve at one47.co.uk
Wed Jan 14 12:52:21 EST 2004

Hello all,

I notice that MythTV nicely re-scales the TV output on my Nvidia card (Xv
mode) to fit inside the screen frame (800x600 pixels) and prevent cropping
- This even works when the image aspect ratio changes.

Unfortunately, all of the OSD components are re-scaled to fit inside the
frame of the image, so if I display a 4:3 movie, it all gets squashed up.
Is it possible at present (or where would I look to tinker) to force the
OSD components to always use the entire screen real-estate as defined by
X?

I also notice that the font widths are squashed to the correct aspect
ratio when the OSD is being re-scaled. Is this feature possible to apply
to all menus etc etc so that display on a 16:9 screen is in the right
ratio? Again, a pointer to where in the code I might start looking would
be helpful.

I remember one reference to this on the dev list, but for some reason the
patch author didn't take it further (sorry I can't remember who that was)

Thanks,
Steve