[mythtv-users] Mythtv black screen & channel howto in europe belgium?

Kaneda Langley optic at pandora.be
Wed Jan 14 08:33:32 EST 2004

Setup:
PIII 800/100 with 512MB ram
PVR350
KnoppMyth (latest)

good :
mythtv starts etc, remote works

"mplayer /dev/video0" gives me either tuner or composite (depending on
"test_ioctl -p#" parameter and with the tuner I can tune wich is nice.

bad :
I'm having problems getting channels in mythtv.
I live in belgium/europe so I've been hunting around for anything that
might help and I found the tv_grab_be_tvb util, after some questions I
have a nice 7 day channel list.  So now I need to make a .xawtvrc file
with some channel info and I should be set to go but when I try to add
it to "mythfilldatabase --manual channellst tvguide" it fails, msg is "0
changes made"

I read that you can do it manaully by edititing the mythtv database but
I have 0 experience in edititing sql databases so if there is a guide or
so available I would apreciate that

There was also a non-us guide but all links seem broken now.

also when starting mythtv and then live tv I get a black screen, but
maybe that's related to the channel information not being there.  I also
tried to just have a composite0 with my vcr on but I still get a black
screen, I disabled decoding of the pvr 350.

any help or good guide is helpfull, maybe just something that has a step
by step for adding the channels you're self (please a little more than
just mentioning that you can

PS: I had a lot more info but I had 3 power failures all timed to
withing perfection to coincide with me just about but not fully reaching
the send button so sorry if this one is a bit disorganized