[mythtv-users] PVR250 - PVR350 Europe vs US

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Wed Jan 14 08:22:02 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-14 at 14:15, Steven Cruysberghs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend of mine (a pilot) travels back and forth betheen US and Erurope
> on a regular basis. I was wondering if I would be able to use a US
> PVR250 here in Europe. The price difference is enourmous. The cheapest
> pvr250 I found here is 193 € ~ 230 $ (and 238 € for the PVR350). This is
> 3x the price for the the card in the US.
> My question is if there is a way to get the US card working over here. I
> know you can switch tv output between PAL en NTSC but would te same be
> possible with tuner input? I guess not but I'm hoping someone on the
> list will claim I'm wrong.

Sorry, you're right. The tuner is standard specific. The rest of the
card will work though. So if you are using a settop box the US card will
work using the video in.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough