[mythtv-users] Opening Guide Breaks Myth/IVTV

Z Rosen lists at reelintelligence.com
Tue Jan 13 00:08:34 EST 2004

Whenever I open the guide ('m' on the keyboard) over LiveTV, the video
stream freezes and stays frozen even after exiting the guide.  Here are
all the variables that may be helpful, I am at a loss:

*** THE LOGS ***
IVTV with ivtv_debug=1 logs (repeatedly):
	> ivtv: ivtv_dec_timeout: lost IRQ; resetting...

IVTV with ivtv_debug=127 logs:
	> ======= valid IRQ bits: 0x00040000 ======
	> deb12
( From the source code, deb12 is a IVTV_IRQ_DEC_DMA_ERR error... )

mythfrontend logs (repeatedly):
	> Waited 2 seconds for data to become available, waiting again...

mythbackend logs:
	> 2004-01-12 20:52:52 6       128000
	> 2004-01-12 20:52:52 6       128000
	> 2004-01-12 20:52:52 6       128000
	> Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds.  Game over,
man.
	> 2004-01-12 20:53:07 1       0
	> 2004-01-12 20:53:07 1       0
	> 2004-01-12 20:53:07 1       0

  - if I pause LiveTV before entering the guide, I can unpause the video
after leaving the guide with no problems
  - 90% of the time the video freezes within 1 second of viewing the
guide, 10% of the time it lasts a few seconds longer...
  - scrolling through the guide makes it crash instantly however
  - 90% of the time the guide still functions even though the video has
frozen, the other 10% of the time mythfrontend has to be killed
  - IF I can leave LiveTV and get back to the setup screens, there's
about a 50% chance that mythfrontend can no longer connect to
mythbackend

*** THE HARDWARE ***
I am running a P4 2.8 on an Intel 865G chipset
The encoding card is a WinTV PVR 350
I am using the tuner in and S-Video out
I am using 1 SATA and 1 IDE hard drive

*** THE SOFTWARE ***
I am running a custom 2.4.24 kernel with SMP.
	I have tried running with and without apic and lapic.
	I have tried running with the old i2c and the new 2.8.2 i2c patch
I have compiled the latest CVS versions of IVTV (with and without the
new i2c)
I have compiled the latest CVS versions of MythTV with David's latest
patch (Jan 8 I believe)
I am running KDE

*** THE PLEA ***
I've scoured the lists, applied all the patches and downloaded all the
latest CVS's but my problem continues.  Perhaps the solution is easier
than I think, perhaps not.  I cant seem to tell if it is an IVTV
problem or a MythTV problem but it seems somewhere in between the two.
Could this be a codec issue or a TV-Out issue... maybe its an overlay
thing... or something crazy with my database.... please please lend a
hand...

- thanx -