[mythtv-users] Hermes 845GV?

Jason Diamond jason at injektilo.org
Mon Jan 12 16:51:03 EST 2004

I'm thinking about using a MSI Hermes 845GV for a MythTV box.

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/netpc/netpc_detail.asp?model=Hermes_845GV

It has integrated video (Intel Extreme), audio (6 channel), networking,
and two PCI slots (which I'd like to fill with two PVR-250s).

Does this sound like a setup worth attempting? I didn't see any specific
references to this system in the PVR Hardware Database. The closest I
could find was one using an 845GLVA motherboard which is close.

I'm not really a hardware person so am hoping to make this project
relatively painless.

Thanks in advance.

-- Jason