[mythtv-users] Hermes 845GV?

Tim Lapawa lists at lapawa.net
Mon Jan 12 18:12:42 EST 2004

Hello,
I got one of these Hermes PCs. They are very silent and pervect for the living room.
But the PCI Slots are very short. I do not own a PVR card, but you should
expect that they wont fit into that small PC case.
Greetings
	Tim

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 04:51:03PM -0500, Jason Diamond wrote:

> I'm thinking about using a MSI Hermes 845GV for a MythTV box.
>
> http://www.msicomputer.com/product/netpc/netpc_detail.asp?model=Hermes_845GV
>
> It has integrated video (Intel Extreme), audio (6 channel), networking,
> and two PCI slots (which I'd like to fill with two PVR-250s).
>
> Does this sound like a setup worth attempting? I didn't see any specific
> references to this system in the PVR Hardware Database. The closest I
> could find was one using an 845GLVA motherboard which is close.
>
> I'm not really a hardware person so am hoping to make this project
> relatively painless.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> -- Jason

                \\\///
  Tim Lapawa    (o  -)   tim at lapawa.net
 http://www.lapawa.net/GnuPG_public_key.asc
   ,ooo0                 Where do you want
  (     )         0ooo,     to go tomorrow?
                 ( _ /