[mythtv-users] Help: DVB and XvMC

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Sun Jan 11 06:05:59 EST 2004

Well my home mythtv setup is progressing although I've hit a quality
snag with the tv-out of my nvidia MX440 (The system has Athlon Duron 2ghz).

Basicly the picture quality is perfect when nothing moves but as soon as
there is sudden movement or the camera pans the image interlaces baddly.

I've done some research and finaly compiled up my own version of Mythtv
with XvMC support. Trouble is I use the primary screen (:0.0) as a
monitor and the second (:0.1) as the tv-out.

Firstly am I on the  track with the motion compensation?, is it going to
do what I need?.

Secondly does anyone have an example/knowhow of how to configure the
nvidia drivers to be useful in my setup. I've already tried TwinView but
that appears to disable XvMC competely so no joy there.

Thanks in advance
Simon