[mythtv-users] RE: Transcode

michael brown spam-me at houston.rr.com
Thu Jan 8 13:49:38 EST 2004

Ian,

Sounds like it could be a heating problem to me.  Right after it froze
again, did you reboot and immediately trying it again to see if it took
another half hour to lockup or only about 6 minutes?  Could be the CPU
or perhaps even the power supply.  Given that it took a half hour to get
to the point of freezing again after having it off for a bit, I'd really
look at switching the power supply out temporarily for a test.  My two
cents.  ;-)

michael brown

From: "Ian Hojnicki"

I tried swapping the IDE cable to an ATA 100 cable and moved the DVD
drive to the HighPoint controller on the mobo.  It actually ran for
close to a half an hour before it frooze again.  Before it would
never run for more then 6 minutes.  So I am pretty sure it is just a
combination of the controller, cable, and DVD drive.  I was going to
get a new Promise Controller for the backend what does it hurt to get
a new DVD drive.  Thanks for your help guys.

Ian