[mythtv-users] Swapping motherboards (general Linux Q, perhaps?)

Jim Jarrett jarrett at rpa.net
Thu Jan 8 09:15:42 EST 2004

I was tired of constant lockups with my VIA chipset motherboard and the IVTV
drivers, so I got an nVidia-based motherboard, and swapped it into my Myth
box (running Mandrake 9.1).

What sort of reconfiguration do I need to go through with Mandrake (or Linux in
general) to handle this kind of hardware swap?  Obviously, it didn't just
boot up or I wouldn't be posting this.... :)

Can I even get away with this without having to rebuild? I'd reallly like to
save my Myth build.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY       93 Passat GLX,     84 Scirocco |
| mailto:jarrett at rpa.net         81 Rabbit Convertible 16v      |