[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Henrik Bentel hbentel at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 00:07:05 EST 2004

This is really a ivtv question I guess. But I didn't see anything over at
ivtv's wiki, so here goes:

To get ivtv configured correctly I have to run the following

/usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -u 0x3000
/usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -p 4
/usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -f width=720,height=480
/usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl -v input=4,output=1
/usr/lib/ivtv/test_ioctl --set-freq=tuner=0,greq=980

I can now cat /dev/video0 and watch it on mplayer. But, if I then start
mythtv and record something, the resulting recording contains nothing(all
black). And if I exit out from mythfrontend again, and try to cat out
/dev/video0 again, the resulting mpeg file contains nothing(all black).
In order to get it working again I have to run The test_ioctl commands
again. Now I can cat out again.
It's as if mythtv resets the ivtv settings. Seems unlikely, but it stops
working.

Has anyone seen this? Also, is it possible to set these configurations in
/etc/modules? I get tired of having to remember this all the time.

My current /etc/modules.conf  ivtv part

# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv