[mythtv-users] automated way to make mythmusic rescan?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jan 6 20:59:03 EST 2004

I'm finally thinking that my music collection is organized well enough
that I should import it into mythmusic.

Anyway, here's my problem.  I keep a "not yet archived" subtree, and
then move those files into the main branch after they've been backed up
to cd/dvd.  I don't think that mythmusic is smart enough to detect when
I've moved files, so I'd like to set up some sort of cron job to tell it
to rescan every night or so.  Doing it by hand is out of the question -
I have a LOT of music, and it would take over an hour for the scan to
finish.

Anyway, I'm hoping that a C coder will take enough interest in this
feature to see it implemented (or take pity on me and inform me that
it's already there).

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer