[mythtv-users] Radio Shack 15-2133 or 15-2116 with an Airboard?

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 6 11:27:35 EST 2004

>From: "Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Radio Shack 15-2133 or 15-2116 with an
>Airboard?
>Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 23:07:40 -0800
>
>On Jan 1, 2004, at 02:20, Harry Orenstein wrote:
>
>>>Ooh!!  I've done something useful for someone who has been
>>>one of the best sources for documentation and user questions
>>>for Myth and I've paid back some of the debt I owe to the Open
>>>Software community!!  Cool!!   :-))
>
>Yep, your guidance was a huge help, and probably saved me hours of Googling
>and mailing list archive searching. =]
>
>>>The codes I listed should correspond to the names of the keys
>>>that appear in the lircd.conf and lircrc that were attached.  The
>>>RC5 key-code numbers should all produce valid RC5 codes
>>>that are in the same RC5 code group as the majority of the
>>>rest of the keys in the VCR 0081 emulation (I think is was
>>>the 02 group).  Only the LEFT and RIGHT keys are in another
>>>RC5 code group.
>
>A few of your remaps didn't need to be remapped on the RS remote, but
>otherwise, they all helped. I figured the rest out no problem.
>
>>>If you are having trouble figuring out how to set up the lircd.conf
>>>to read capture the codes you could just use the lircd.conf
>>>sample from the LIRC site that contains the entire set of RC5
>>>codes and it will tell you the corresponding entry to use for
>>>lircd.conf (I actually mapped all of the codes I use to both the
>>>0081 emulation key code and the LIRC RC5 key value, eg:
>>>INFO = 108 = 0A which would indicate that the key marked INFO
>>>on my remote should be set to override value 108 in 0081
>>>emulation and that represents the RC5 sys_02_command_0a
>>>code).
>
>I just used a whole lot of irrecord and managed to fumble my way through...
>
>>I must be a little thick.
>>
>>Or drunk.
>>
>>Or maybe I just shouldn't post at 4:30am (while drunk).
>
>Heh... ;-)
>
>>I just realized.  You said you have 40 buttons on your
>>remote.  I only mapped 35 buttons on mine.  Maybe
>>what you meant was that there are not enough codes
>>in my files to map the other 6.
>
>Correct, there were several still not programmed. (They didn't even
>transmit an IR signal, initially).
>
>>If so, here are some
>>more in the same RC5 code group (05 BTW, not 02
>>as previously stated by a woozie me):
>>
>>236 = sys_05_command_0e
>>012 = sys_05_command_0f
>>046 = sys_05_command_1c
>>238 = sys_05_command_1e
>>014 = sys_05_command_1f
>>049 = sys_05_command_24
>>240 = sys_05_command_2e
>>018 = sys_05_command_3f
>
>I used some of those. I don't quite follow entirely how to map
>sys_05)command_xx to a line in lircd.conf (not that I need to, since I've
>already got a fully working config, but I'd like to figure it out just the
> [...]

I used irw rather than irrecord.  Seemed easier not to try to
re-input the same codes.  If you shutdown your lircd and then
restart but point it to the lircd.conf from:

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/rc-5/RC-5

then irw will return sys_05_command_xxx codes when you
press a button it recognizes (or if you tap setup on the remote
and then enter a 3 digit code to try an unmapped EFC).  The
hex value that corresponds to the sys_05_command_xxx code
in the lircd.conf is the code to use.  There are also RC5+ and
RC6 codes, which is why the left, right keys may send a signal
that cannot be mapped this way (but the Hauppauge receiver
recognizes it, which is why I have a second section in my
lircd.conf just for those 2 buttons).

Hope this makes sense.  If you have any other questions just
let me know.  I love piling up brownie points   ;-)

>>I don't have names for the keys since I didn't use them
>>in my lircd.conf, but you can look them up in the full RC5
>>list from the LIRC site.  I was very anal about the codes I
>>used.  I only used ones where the name of the button
>>in the docs from One-For-All corresponded closely with
>>tbe name of the button on my remote, so I passed up
>>some of the above.  They should be fine for any additional
>>keys you want to map.
>
>I stuck to the close-as-possible route as best I could also, but...
>
>>Just double check that I didn't
>>accidentally provide codes for buttons already mapped on
>>your remote (by running irw).
>
>...I ran into a lot of collisions when trying codes that had the same name
>listed with them as the button. :-\
>
>>(I would have given you the hex values for the lircd.conf
>>file but I don't have the list handy just now).
>
>So is there a way to compute those? I just kept trying EFCs and seeing what
>irrecord said each transmitted...
>
>>Time for bed.  Hangover to come later...
>
>Hope it wasn't too bad... ;-)
>
>--
>Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
>
>Got a question? Read this first...
>     http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>MythTV, Fedora Core & ATrpms documentation:
>     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/
><< PGP.sig >>

-- Harry O.