[mythtv-users] configuring XINE with lirc

K Chaloupka hopdog at swbell.net
Fri Jan 2 11:42:41 EST 2004

Greg,

I've added the configurations that you specified below. When I toggle through the menu (ie up + dn arrows on the remote) it also causes the player to fast foward, pause , etc) Do you need to specify any special command parameter to the player?? Also, what is your command line that is used to start xine?

Thanks.

K_

Greg Shrack <greg.shrack at usa.net> wrote:
K Chaloupka wrote:
> I'm trying to configure the buttons on my PVR-350 gray remote control to
> use with XINE. I've cut and pasted command blocks from the key command
> file created by XINE into my .lirc file for myth. Some commands that I
> specifed are not working correctly.
>
> ie
>
> I've programmed the MENU button on the remote as specified below:
>
> #begin
> button=MENU
> prog=xine
> repeat=0
> config=RootMenu
> #end
>
> When you press this button during a DVD playback is changes the AV
> offset. Any suggestions? What I really would like to do is map the arrow
> keys to menu up/down commands in XINE.
>
> Thanks,
>
> K_

I've had luck with these settings in ~/.lircrc

begin
prog = xine
button = PLAY
repeat = 3