[mythtv-users] PVR 350 TVOUT Flicker reduction

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Feb 29 18:06:33 EST 2004

Am Fr, den 27.02.2004 schrieb Jarod C. Wilson um 06:15:
> On Feb 26, 2004, at 09:10, Michael McConnell wrote:
>
> >     Thanks for your input. I guess you believe that once the 0.2.x ivtv
> > driver series comes out, the outstanding issues with 350 series should
> > likely be resolved? For the extra $50 it seems the wise investment to
> > get
> > the 350 then (-;
>
> I'd say its definitely worth the extra $50, given the potential.
> Stability is still pretty shaky for me w/0.1.9, so I don't even have my
> 350 in a box right now (its about to go into my dev box), but when it
> works, its great.

You should put it back into your box, I guess :-)

I didn't test it very thoroughly, but using ivtv-0.1.9a and the new X
server by Matthias Badair from

http://membres.lycos.fr/badzzzz/

I get a very stable system (I never had the EPG issue, though). Was able
to fast forward and rewind (16x) and skip through a whole 1h show back
and forth without problems.

> There are enough good folks working on the driver,
> constantly striving to make it better, so I have no doubt it'll be
> worth the extra $50 in the long run (and likely even in the not-so-long
> run).

Fully ACK.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough