[mythtv-users] Why does commercial flagging take so long?

Andrew Dodd atd7 at cornell.edu
Sun Feb 29 13:04:17 EST 2004

Quoting novamail at novanix.com:

> Why does commercial flagging take roughly 2/3's the time of the show? I
> notice that even when it is flagging my CPU usage isn't above 5% or so,  is
> there a reason it isn't able to use all of my cpu for doing this?
>
> Nick

It intentionally throttles itself to make absolutely sure (beyond simply running
nice) that it doesn't interfere with other system functionality/usability.

Not sure if this can be disabled for automatic flagging, but if you use
mythcommflag without the --sleep option, it will take 100% CPU.  (i.e. the
autoflagging is equivalent to mythcommflag with --sleep enabled.)

I don't know if there's a setting somewhere to change this - I like it the way
it works now.