[mythtv-users] I'm on the game again (full-ATX HTPC cas, GF4 MX440, etc. etc.) :-)

Jeff jeff at intersystems.com
Thu Feb 26 12:18:42 EST 2004

At 12:13 PM 2/26/2004 +0100, Franco wrote:
>Hello.
>

>I can now forget about on-board video and buy the GF4 MX440
>which seems to be the "must have" for mythtv-users ;-)

I don't want to drive up the demand on EBay for these things but
it sounds like people have had very good like with the Averkey line of VGA->TV
converters. These seem to be about the same price ($40) as the nvidia cards.
If you go this route not only do you save using a  PCI slot, you also avoid
the
hassles with the nvidia drivers. Perhaps the biggest benefit though is you
generate
less heat inside the box and maybe save a fan (some of the nvidea cards have
a fan, some don't).

I haven't tried this yet so I don't know if you get into a new can of works
with the capabilities of the on-board video but it might be worth researching.