[mythtv-users] nvidia Geforce 4 mx and overscan fu

dan dan at milkcarton.com
Wed Feb 25 14:29:11 EST 2004

Why don't you use the overscan support built into mythtv?

-dan

>Wayde Milas (wmilas at rarcoa.com) wrote:
>
>Ok, I've searched and found the thread where its noted that
nvidia-graphics4363 is the last version to actually support overscan.

This is driving me batty. I've got everything set up like I want, except
I've got 2 inch black bars along the top/bottom & sides.

I cant downgrade to 4363 because I'm currently using a 2.6 kernel, and
4363 is incompatable with 2.6. Well, technically it was compatable at
the time, but some of the kernel api was changed since then and now its
a no go.

I played with nvtv which in theory should let me set my overscan, but
unfortunately nvtv supports all the tv encoder chips that nvidia uses,
except one. Thats the one I have.

I built a small tv top box (using a micro atx board with nvidia tv out)
and I'm loath to put in a new card. So is there a solution currently, or
do I really need to get another card?

And if I get another card, which hardware provider should I stick with
that has GOOD tv out support color wise, with good overscan support,
ect?

Thanks much,

Wayde