[mythtv-users] Reducing system resources (cpu, memory)

Donald McLennan dmclennan at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 25 11:40:51 EST 2004

Hi,
I have MythTV running on a 450Mhz computer with
PVR-250. Like other users with similar low end
configuration, Mythtv works, but is slow.

Are there any suggestions on minimizing the cpu and
memory requirements by disabling various linux
services to get any better performance? What are the
minimal linux services that need to be running?

Are there any key MythTV settings like picture size,
resolution, etc., that would improve performance?

Would a PVR-350 card make any difference?

Or, as others have commented, do I need a faster cpu?

Thank you,
Don