[mythtv-users] What is a normal X CPU usage?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Tue Feb 24 17:51:33 EST 2004

I've read what I've found in the archives (not that "X" is that easy to
search for) but I'm still wondering; what is a "normal" CPU usage level
for X? My mythbox is a Pundit running in mirror mode at 720x576 using the
2/19 drivers from Winischofer, and on my 2.4GHz P4 I get an X usage of
5-9%. A lot of people seem to get as low as <1%...

Are there any Pundit users who go this low? What's the secret XF86Confif?
I've checked for NoAccel and XvOnCRT2. Do I need to run in MergedFB or
Xinerama mode to make xv-acceleration kick in?