[mythtv-users] Sync'd MythMusic

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Feb 24 14:37:28 EST 2004

> I doubt any network protocol is going to be able to nail this kind of sync, even a multicast situation is going to be problematic.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Slim Devices has managed to do this with
slimp3 and their wireless player.  Not sure if it's daap or what, but
there ARE ways to do this.  The problem with doing it on computers is
that you end up also having to deal with the cache/delay built into the
sound card itself.

Anyway, maybe one of the mfd coders will be nice enough to provide some
specifics about how it handles this.

--
Chris Petersen
Programmer / Web Designer