[mythtv-users] great deal on kworld card

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 23 20:58:57 EST 2004

The specs on Newegg indicate that it's a Conexant 878A
chip, in other words, a BrookTree 878A chip.

The MPEG4 is likely done in software, for Windows
only.  The picture in picture is probably done by
using both the coaxial and S-Video ports, and thus
you'd have to have a coaxial to S-Video kit (they do
exist).

However, it is highly likely that it will work with
Video4Linux, if the tuner type and card ID are
registered in the bttv drivers (I don't have access to
a Linux machine here at work right now, so I can't say
for 100% sure).

-- Joe

--- "Buechler, Mark R" <Mark_R_Buechler at bausch.com>

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=15-100-103&depa=0