[mythtv-users] IR reccommendations

Campbell Vertesi cvertesi at indiana.edu
Thu Feb 19 16:57:06 EST 2004

So, now that the whole box is working so very nicely, I'm ready to stick
a remote on there.  Does anyone have any reccommendations for
particularly painless IR receivers?  I have a digital cable box, so I'm
pretty sure I'll need a transmitter too.

Also, how does that work with Myth's Tivo features?  Right now I've been
using my cable remote to change channels, so there is a 3 second (or so)
delay between hitting the channel button and having the change register
on Myth's TV interface.  I'm sure this is because of myth's buffering.
but what about when the remote is actually going through myth?  What
happens when you press channel up while you're watching 20-30 seconds
behind "live" TV?  Do you have to wait (ffwd) the 20 seconds, or does it
just skip the rest of the buffer to get to the new channel?

Thanks

Cam