[mythtv-users] Re:Setting up a second frontend

Mark Crutch markc at qsiuk.com
Thu Feb 19 10:59:33 EST 2004

> You dont have to run "mythsetup" on the frontend....

I wondered about that. I was basing this on the section in Jarod's guide which deals with a remote front-end and says:-

     4. In the mythtvsetup application on your front-end, you'll need to make sure you
     set the variable for "Master Server IP address" to the same address you just set
     in your mysql.txt file.

However, I get the same error if I just try to run mythfrontend.

Mark