[mythtv-users] Re:Setting up a second frontend

Mark Crutch markc at qsiuk.com
Thu Feb 19 11:14:30 EST 2004

>>> 6) Will I be better off assigning a fixed lease for the remote frontend
>>> as well?
>
> Yes, if you want to telnet into it.

I don't have any particular requirement to telnet or ssh into the remote frontend, as it's readily accessible for any administration. I just wondered if there was any mythtv-related requirement for it to be sure of getting the same address everytime it boots (obviously with a non-fixed DHCP lease there's a possibility (albeit a slim one) that it could get a different IP).

Unfortunately, as mentioned above, running mythfrontend is giving me the same error - so I don't even get close to the setup screen. Hopefully dropping the database will solve this one.

Mark