[mythtv-users] nvidia with tvout and X (to a monitor)simultaneously.

Janek Hellqvist janek at slaytanic.com
Wed Feb 18 05:45:50 EST 2004

Matt Welland <matt at essentialgoods.com> wrote:
> My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere. I just spent an
> hour searching with google for an answer and I'm not finding what
> I'm looking for.

I just got that working at home the other day... I have a Geforce 2 MX card
connected to my (PAL) TV through S-video and to my Panasonic LCD projector
through a long VGA cable.

I had trouble getting the picture to show up on the proj and the TV at the
same time, until I found the correct XF86 options. Here's what the relevant
part of my XF86Config file looks like:

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "Monitor 800x600"
        HorizSync       30.0 - 50.0
        VertRefresh     60.0 - 60.0
        Option  "NVagp" "0"
        Option "MetaModes" "800x600,800x600; 640x480,640x480"
        Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync"     "30-50"
        Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh"   "60"
        Option      "TVStandard" "PAL-B"
        Option      "TVOutFormat" "SVIDEO"
        Option      "TwinView" "1"
        Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV, CRT"
        Option "TwinViewOrientation" "Clone"
EndSection

The trick that did it for me was the "SecondMonitor" and
"TwinViewOrientation" lines.

--
 |   Janek Hellqvist   |
 | janek at hellqvist.com |