[mythtv-users] Re:Myth menu navigation slow after using XMame in MythGame

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 15:28:21 EST 2004

On Monday 16 February 2004 08:26, riskpeep at netscape.net wrote:
> I've done some more looking, and the issue appears to be related to
fullscreen Xv.  I've noticed that if I bring up XMame in normal windowed
mode, the slowdown doesn't occur.

> Also, the slowdown is showing up in the Xserver process.  If I bring up a
top and then try to move my selection up or down in the menus I notice that
the X process starts taking up something like 80% CPU (Athlon 2200XP).  Most
certainly not right.

> I'm also noticing the slowdown (although much less pronounced) on the Myth
main menus as well.  Prior to XMame, I can't push the down arrow fast enough
to get ahead of the selection movement.  Afterwards, it is still reasonable
quick, but I can easily bang out for down arrows before the selection has
moved through the first two entries.

I realize that this is a workaround rather than a real solution, but if XMame
fullscreen X11/Xv is giving you problems, why not try xmame.SDL ?

-JAC