[mythtv-users] Re:Myth menu navigation slow after using XMame in MythGame

riskpeep at netscape.net riskpeep at netscape.net
Mon Feb 16 08:26:05 EST 2004

I've done some more looking, and the issue appears to be related to fullscreen Xv.  I've noticed that if I bring up XMame in normal windowed mode, the slowdown doesn't occur.

Also, the slowdown is showing up in the Xserver process.  If I bring up a top and then try to move my selection up or down in the menus I notice that the X process starts taking up something like 80% CPU (Athlon 2200XP).  Most certainly not right.

I'm also noticing the slowdown (although much less pronounced) on the Myth main menus as well.  Prior to XMame, I can't push the down arrow fast enough to get ahead of the selection movement.  Afterwards, it is still reasonable quick, but I can easily bang out for down arrows before the selection has moved through the first two entries.