[mythtv-users] UK freeview EPG question

John Pullan jmp at tarantella.com
Mon Feb 16 04:50:53 EST 2004

I'm afraid the short answer is no.

AFAIK Freeview has two current EPG being transmitted and one that is in
testing

Teletext : Today/Tomorrow
4TvInteractive : apparently a full 7 day guide
and the actual Freeview EPG which is meant to be in testing in Wales.

IMO the Freeview EPG is the way to go as it's the one based on the DVB
spec and therefore should work in other countries as well. The other two
I would guess could be used but we'd have to write parse code to get the
information out of the data.

I'm currently playing around with some code to update the DB with "Now
Next" which should be nearly the same code as what's required for the
full EPG, but obviously only for one programs worth into the future.

Cheers

--
John Pullan <jmp at tarantella.com>