[mythtv-users] big problem with mythtv...no apparent reason

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Feb 16 02:34:49 EST 2004

On Feb 15, 2004, at 22:32, miller44 at optonline.net wrote:

> I recently upgraded to .14 with seemingly no problems, mythtv
> compiled, set up, and ran mythfilldatabase with no problems.  However
> when i go to start mythbackend, this happens
[snip]
> Can anyone shed any light on this problem?  I am really at a
> standstill here, i have my mythbox just chilling and would love to get
> it back up and running.  I had previously had it up and running on .11
> with no problems, i do not understand why this all of a sudden popped
> up.

Am I correct in believing you upgraded straight from 0.11 to 0.14? I
believe that all required database upgrades became automatic as of
0.13, but 0.12 had some that needed to be done with a sql script.
Perhaps the case of people moving from 0.11 to 0.14 wasn't taken into
account, and part of the necessary updates from 0.11 to 0.12 never
happened. Just a shot in the dark though.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...
     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/