[mythtv-users] Myth menu navigation slow after using XMame in MythGame

riskpeep at netscape.net riskpeep at netscape.net
Thu Feb 12 17:21:24 EST 2004

I'm using the 0.14 release and xmame 0.78.1 in MythGame.

I've been able to get everything working correctly but I'm having a problem with Myth AFTER I leave xmame and return to MythTV.  Every time I start a game, after the game exits, the menu navigation in MythTV is horrendously slow.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I've done some checking heres what I know so far:
- After Xmame exits and I'm back in Myth, there aren't any extra processes ( I thought perhaps that Xmame wasn't exiting.).
- I checked memory and the amount in use before and after Xmame is the same, so I don't think it is a memory leak.
- I have plenty of free disk space

Going farther, I went in and commented out the call to xmame to see if that would change things.  In that case, Myth doesn't slow down.  That points to something between Xmame and the Xserver, but I can't recreate the slowdown if I just run Xmame standalone.

Has anyone experienced this behavior?  Any solutions?

Riskpeep